Saturday, December 30, 2006

Let Me Clear My Throat

Okay, I lied about the big move it looks like. I haven’t had time to design the new website and I write these as they pop up in my brain, and this week I had two thoughts looks like.

Its funny how we can take things for granted. We expect some things to be there for us and they usually aren’t. Life is one long joke and death is the final punch line. I say this because I have been lied to and it hurts. I can’t believe someone could get away with a lie so long. I mean when you know something for so long you come to feel comfortable with it and then you find out that the thing that you have put all your trust in is nothing but a bold faced lie. It’s crippling and it makes me wish the people responsible were dead.

You see there is a radio station in Houston called 93 Q Country. I have seen commercials for it on TV all my life and never listening to country music I took solace in that fact that if I ever wanted to listen to 93 Q it would be there for me. Well as I rode home one night with a friend of the rant we couldn’t find anything to listen to on the radio. And before you give me any shit for listening to the radio I will say that it was because none of my CDs were in the car with me and it was either listen to the radio or talk to my friend…So I couldn’t find anything to listen to on the radio and I pressed the scan button. As the radio scanned through all of the wonder that is Houston radio we still found nothing to listen to. As the radio looped I was then hit with the biggest bombshell of my triumphant life. As the radio went from channel to channel I looked at the screen and saw a curious thing. There was country must playing on 92.9 and it was a crystal clear sound. I assumed that it was the 93Q signal on a number right before the actual station number. There have been times when I was young and poor and all I could listen to was the radio and occasionally a major stations signal would “leak” over to one of the adjourning numbers on the dial, but to my surprise there was no country after 92.9. 93 Q Country is actually 92.9 on the radio dial! I hadn’t felt so lied to since the day I found out that my parents bought me the shitty gifts they blamed on Santa Claus. (Thanks for the Light Bright instead of the He-Man Castle and who the fuck would ever want an Etchesketch.

I will not stand for this injustice of estimation. You can’t “round up” your station number for a catchier name. Its bad enough they only play country music, now they need to lie about who they are. I haven’t seen this much denial since I had my doctor check my left testicle for a tumor. I am now declaring war on 93Q to change its name to 92.9 Q if it doesn’t I will be forced to do nothing about it.

In other news... (Was removed for not being funny. And before you say none of this is funny let me just say FUCK YOU BUDDY!)

Shit You Send Me
Your emails keep me warm inside.

Well funny thing happened on the way to this section….no one emailed me. I guess I should have posted my email or something. joseph.sterling@gmail.com make it happen people.

(I’m still not expecting any emails…)

Picture of the Week

Next Week: We find out if I am full of shit or honey. My money is on honey.

No comments: