Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Random Rambling....

This is the new sound, just like the old sound…

This indifference is killing me inside

Here is a secret for long time readers of my blog (HAHAHAHA) that I am certain none of you knew. I am lazy. In the 10 years (wow that's depressing) I have written The Weekly Rant I have never been truely committed to it. Long breaks between posts and half-assed topics became the norm until it quietly died for good in the summer of 2010. I never really knew what The Weekly Rant was about. It’s hard to write about new topics every week when the only things you give a shit about are sports and video games. Every attempt to make my blog about those things never was worth reading. Who the fuck cares what I think about sports and video games? Who the fuck cares about what I think about anything for that matter? These are the thoughts that ended The Weekly Rant. I never stopped writing my ideas, but I did stop posting them. So, to try and climb out of my current pit of lazyiness I am going to refocus what my blog is. I have no idea where I want to go, so consider this new blog very much a work in progress. Hopefully I can find my voice and not let laziness or my general indifference win out.

“I’m not racist I voted for Obama!”

Racism and Politics. It seems like you can’t bring up one without hearing the other nowadays. Last month in her Houston Chronicle Blog, Texas Sparkle, Kathleen McKinley discussed what she felt was a new low for “The Left”. I only read Ms. McKinley occasionally, but I do know that she likes to answer commenters who disagree with her. (A practice I don’t always agree with. Sometimes let your work speak for itself. Some topics demand discussion from the author, but most times you are just feeding into trolls and sycophants) In her A New Low for The Left piece she had this exchange with a commenter:

payattention wrote - “’The message of the Republicans has always been to raise yourself up and believe in yourself.’
No, for most of the history of the Republican Party, the message had been ‘If you are not white, do what you can but stay away in your own place.’ More recently, the message has been ‘it does not matter that we held you down for so long, raise yourself up from where we kept you with no help.’ Those are not distortions of history, those are the facts. Also factual is that if not for Democrats, the schools of this nation would still not be integrated. None of what adds up to near equality in standing came from Republicans.

‘Always been’.. what a joke.”

Kathleen McKinley wrote - *note: There is nothing in your comment that is true. I respond only because I hope that maybe you can open your mind just a bit and read what history says about Republicans. It was Republicans that fought AGAINST slavery. It was Democrats who fought for it. It was Democrats who stood in the schoolway door resisting integration. It was Republicans that fought for civil rights. It was Democrats who fought against it. It was Republicans who founded historical black colleges and the NAACP. It was Democrats who started the KKK. Read my link below and LEARN history. You can have your own opinions, but you can't change the facts of history-TexasSparkle

http://blogs.chron.com/texassparkle/2009/07/black_history_my_history_and_a.html


This exchange made me upset. Racism should not be in the Democrats Vs. Republicans talking point war that has been dividing our country. I hate when people try to say one party is racist while another party is not. You know who I blame for the past racism in the America? White people. You know who I blame for the founding of the KKK? White people. You know who resisted integration? Whites AND Blacks (Still mostly white people...). We need to stop trying to make everything partisan and remember what the real cause of racism was. White people had power and many believed they were better than other races for the simple fact that they were white. I’m not saying EVERY white person was racist at the time, but you are a fool if you think racism was based on being a Democrat or Republican. I’m sure the “Democrat” KKK yelled about spreading the wealth to the black men they hung from trees.


If you are Democrat or a Republican today and you are not racist you have nothing to apologize for. If you are a white person and you are not racist you have nothing to apologize for. So please don’t make America’s history of racism about anything other than race. You belittle the people who suffered through it and lost their lives for something as insignificant as the color of their skin. When will we grow up about race?

Stop me before I blitz again!

I have been a fan of Gregg Easterbrook for years and as a tribute to him I am completely ripping of the structure he uses for Tuesday Morning Quarterback in this blog post. Will it stick?

“History is a myth that men agree to believe” - Napoleon

Instead of serious debate between our elected officials, we get talking points and one-upmanship. ‘Pundits’ have correctly labels this “Gotcha Politics”. How does Republican Jim feel about any issue? Doesn’t matter, He must say the exact opposite of Democrat Cindy on every issue. It’s the same bullshit on both sides. Republican Jim is for orange juice. Democrat Cindy says, “Fuck Orange Juice and DOUBLE FUCK Republican Jim! He’s getting kickbacks from Florida and he might be a closeted homosexual!” Republican Jim then calls Democrat Cindy a “Lying Baby Killer!” (Because of all the abortions she had last week) and the nation never blinks. It’s the same bullshit every day. This current [insert current political issue] has shown me a lot about our government and I have reached a shocking conclusion. Our form of democracy doesn’t work. When people are given the option, they will make the incorrect choice eight times out of ten. It’s science. Democracy doesn’t work because people are fucking stupid.

Over 230 years ago our founding fathers attempted to make a government that was fair to everyone (except slaves), gave the people flexibility to change laws if needed (except women), and created a leader who was not a king and shared power with two other branches of government (that one almost lasted 100 years, Lincoln). It was a great idea, but just like communism it only really works in theory. What our founding father’s failed to realize is that people at their core are nothing more than horny sheep. And while this was less of an issue in the 18th century; technology has ruined us by making Americans fatter even dumber yet hornier sheep. (Proof? I saw a man drinking rubbing alcohol while having sex with a package of used needles this morning. He WAS smart enough to wear a condom. So there’s that.)

I’m sick of living in a country where the people who don’t even have a basic understanding of how our government works has as much or even more say than I do. I know what you’re thinking, “Love it or leave it. Why are you still here if you hate it so much?” Because fuck you. I pretend to be smart enough to live in this country. I love this country, that’s why it pains me to see how fucking stupid it has become. (I'm sure all the defunding of public schools will only help make our nation smarter.) Instead of researching and making informative opinions themselves, people tune to Glenn Beck, Keith Olberman*, Bill O’Reilly and the other talking airbags for news. Worst, some people don’t have opinions at all. They spend their time talking shit about other people they feel better than in their bullshit blogs that they rarely update. Scum.

*note: This was written before his cancellation.

Picture of the Week

No comments: